Powered By Blogger

Friday, September 24, 2010

Beth C.

            I currently have three daughters enrolled at Harmony School of Nature and Athletics.
My daughters are in 7th,6th, and 3rd grade. My children and I  are very happy with Harmony schools. The teaching staff is very dedicated. Teachers are always willing to help students out and go the extra mile to show interest in the kids. The time teacher’s take for home visits are not only educational for the families, but really help the students bond with the family. I have never had a Harmony teacher deny my children extra help. In fact teachers will come in early and stay late, or miss lunch to help a child not understanding a concept being taught in class. The ISD my children came from seemed so impersonal. While the teacher’s were willing to help they just did not have the extra time to commit. My children all attended the same campus but never saw each other and seemed lost in a sea of children.
I have chosen Harmony also for the advance academic options and life experiences. My children have enjoyed learning the Turkish Language and culture. My oldest daughter especially loves to learn new languages. She would not have been able to start foreign language until her 7th grade year in the local ISD. Both of my older daughters have joined the Turkish Club. They are fascinated by the food and lifestyle. We are hoping in high school all the girls will be able to attend a foreign trip trip with the school. Seeing the world through the eyes of the locals is not an opportunity given to everyone.  
My whole family is so proud to be proud to be part of the new Harmony Campus. The building may not be finished, but we are really starting to see what the finished school will offer problems may come up, however the school officials work together to resolve them quickly. In addition to Turkish Club my children have joined the Archery, Science Olympiad, and Mountain biking clubs. My children have attended private schools that have not offered the clubs and state of the equipment Harmony has.
We look forward to this year and many successful years to come
Sincerely,
Beth C.
Read More.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I have one son currently attending. However, my kindergarten age child is way far on the waiting. I was told there is no sibling policy. I would like to know how did you manage to get all three children in? I have spoken with another parent who has 3 boys, 1 got in and the others didn't, and she said she told the school all or none....and the school took the others. It is going to be a huge hassle for me to get them both to school in the morning. My youngest will have to attend school in Red Oak then I have to drive to Harmony and then to work......My only dislike about Harmony is the fact that they don't have a sibling policy when it comes to enrollment like other programs. It puts many families in a win or lose situation....if my youngest doesn't get in next year, I'm going to have to make a decision to move one :( I hope Admin reads this!

    ReplyDelete